Injured In An Accident?
Choosing The Right Motorcycle Riding Gear
When choosing motorcycle helmets and other gear it is important for people to take several things into consideration.
Many people enjoy riding their motorcycles in Irvine but it should be remembered that there is always some level of risk associated with these two-wheeled machines. One way that people can protect themselves from unnecessary injury is to choose the right gear to wear.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the only item that motorcyclists wear, and which can save their life, is a helmet. In 2012, it was estimated that the hospital costs were substantially greater for those riders who were not wearing a helmet. This is not surprising since the helmet is designed to protect the rider’s head and when the head is damaged, it can leave people facing untold challenges.
- When selecting a helmet, people should look for a label that indicates the helmet meets the standards set by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Ultimate MotorCycling magazine states that helmets must be tested for retention (the ability to stay strapped and in the right position on the head), impact absorption, slippage of the chin strap, and penetration. To make sure that manufacturers marking their helmets with the label are in compliance, the government has established that for every helmet which is not compliant, the manufacturer could pay up to $5,000.
Jackets and Pants
While motorcyclists in California can do a lot to protect themselves from injury by purchasing and using the right kind of gear, a reckless driver can still cause them serious damage. Therefore, they may find it beneficial to seek legal representation.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
- Bike Accidents
- Freeway Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rear-End & Intersection Accidents
- Texting/Distracted Driver Accidents
- Truck & Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Car Accidents
- PERSONAL INJURY
- Dog Bites To Children
- Dog Bites To Neighbors & Postal Workers
- Insurance Claim Steps
- PREMISES LIABILITY
- Slip And Fall
- Dangerous Conditions
- PRODUCTS LIABILITY
- EMPLOYMENT LAW
- Employment Law FAQ
- Sexual Harassment